Important Policy Changes for the TOEIC® Speaking and Writing Tests
贵州快3走势图彩票控 www.mwzsj.com ETS has introduced two policy changes effective June 1, 2019, to enhance the TOEIC® Speaking and Writing testing experience:
- Note-taking is now allowed during TOEIC Speaking and Writing test sessions. ETS will no longer cancel a test taker’s Speaking or Writing score if notes are taken on approved scratch paper provided by the test center during a test.
- The preparation time for certain TOEIC® Speaking tests questions has been increased.
Note: These policies are not retroactive.
ETS periodically reviews the policies associated with its assessments and test administration practices to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of test takers and score users. ETS is implementing these two changes in an effort to increase test takers’ comfort and allow for their best performance on the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests.
New Note-taking Policy
- Test takers are now allowed to take notes, but they may only use scratch paper and pens/pencils provided by the test administrators and proctors during the TOEIC Speaking and Writing test administrations. Test takers are not permitted to use their own scratch paper or pens/pencils.
- All scratch paper and pens/pencils must be collected by the test administrators and/or proctors at the conclusion of the test administrations.
- Test takers cannot bring the scratch paper or pens/pencils outside the testing room at any time.
Extended Preparation Time for Certain TOEIC® Speaking Test Questions
The preparation time for some TOEIC Speaking test items has been extended. The table below compares the item preparation time before and after the changes.
|Speaking Item #||Item Type||Previous Item Preparation Time (effective through 05/31/2019)||New Item Preparation Time (effective starting 06/01/2019)||Preparation Time Change|
|1||Read Aloud||45 seconds||45 seconds||No Change|
|2||Read Aloud||45 seconds||45 seconds||No Change|
|3||Describe a Picture||30 seconds||45 seconds||+15 seconds|
|4–6||Respond to Questions||
|7–9||Respond to Questions Using Information Provided||
|10||Propose a Solution||30 seconds||45 seconds||+15 seconds|
|11||Express an Opinion||15 seconds||30 seconds||+15 seconds|